Upcoming Project Meetings :
- April 19th, 2011 - Final conference - Dakar, Senegal
- April 18th, 2011 - Steering Committee and General Assembly - Dakar, Senegal
- April 14-16th, 2011:AEGOS Technical Meeting - Dakar, Senegal
- October 27-29th, 2010: Workshop 6d ‘Final discussions and decisions for all detailed measures for content, organisation and implementation’ Pretoria , South Africa
- October 11-13th, 2010: Joint Workshop 3b ‘User-oriented products and services, review and test’ & Workshop 4b ‘Review of spin-off projects based on AEGOS, preparation of a road map for AEGOS test beds’ - Dakar, Senegal
- October 5 -7th, 2010: Joint Workshop 1b ‘Metadata specification and feasibility of shared standards related to data models’ & Workshop 2b ‘Hardware and software components and data flow specification related to required system functionality’ Accra, Ghana
- July 7-8th, 2010: AEGOS workshop “Geosciences observations and observing systems” - London, United Kingdom
- May 18-25th, 2010: AEGOS Mid-Term Conference - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
March 25-28th, 2010: AEGOS Workshop 6c "Detailed technical contents of training using the inputs from the other Work Packages" - Lusaka -Zambia .
This workshop is organized by GD-SOM-UNZA, Zambia, and the BGR, Germany
The workshop will focus on the following topics:
1) Discussion and writing of the “Knowledge baseline of AEGOS”
2) Ongoing discussion of the inventoried training centres in Africa and Europe
3) Ongoing discussion of detailed curricula needed for implementing and operating the AEGOS data infrastructure
4) Review of the proceedings of workshop 6b held in Hannover, Germany
5) Discussion on midterm conference, workshop 6d
6) Any other issues
- November 18th-20th, 2009: Operational Management Meeting - Hannover, Germany
The purpose of the project management team meeting is to better coordinate the respective actions to reach the project objectives.
This meeting is organized by BGR and BRGM.
- August 25 - 27th, 2009: workshop 4a "Generic approach for the generation of user-oriented products and services dedicated to georesources" - Lusaka, Zambia
This workshop gathers WPs in charge of identification of data themes, use-oriented products and services (WP 3) and preparation of innovative projects based on AEGOS (WP4).
This Workshop will be organized by GD-SOM-UNZA and PGI.
July 2nd , 2009: Cross-meeting WP1, WP2, WP 5 - Ispra, Italy
- July 01st , 2009: Workshop 2a "Existing initiatives, infrastructure, technical standards" - In connection with WP 1 and Workshop "Interoperability and interdisciplinarity in support of GEOSS" - Ispra, Italy
- June 30th, 2009: Workshop 1a "Existing initiatives, standards and methodology for metadata and data specification" - In connection with WP 2
and Workshop "Interoperability and interdisciplinarity in support of GEOSS" - Ispra, Italy
- June 08 - 09th, 2009: Workshop 6a "Definition of common strategies for capacity building and training"
This Workshop was organized in Royal Museum of Central Africa in Brussels, Belgium.
- May 18 - 20th, 2009: Workshop 3a "Identification of data themes, user-oriented products and services"
The purpose of the workshop is to analyse preliminary results of the questionnaire on existing data and end-user needs and requirements. The tasks were identifying and describing the data themes relevant for AEGOS, and identifying new user-oriented products and services.
This Workshop was organised by RBINS-RMCA and GTK, in the Royal Museum of Central Africa (RMCA) in Brussels, Belgium.